If planning holidays in August, remember the Level Crossing closures - Friday 9th August 2024 > Monday 12th August 2024 and Friday 16th August 2024 > Monday 19th August 2024. See - https://www.ashteadresidents.o...

Tele: 0300 030 9980 (local rate call charge)

Ashtead Residents' Association


Do you have a watercourse in, next to, or under your property? This explains your responsibilities.

The persistent flooding in Farm Lane has prompted an investigation and a resident has received the advice below on their responsibilities. It might come as a surprise to some residents that a problem is not "the Council's" or Thames Water's but their own. Ashtead, and particularly upper Ashtead, is criss-crossed with ditches or piped ditches, and if your property abuts one of these you have responsibilities.

The document below has been prepared by Surrey County Council and explains in detail riparian ownership i.e. if you have a watercourse adjacent to, within or under your property and garden you have responsibilities. If the watercourse, ditch or pipe runs between two properties you have shared responsibilities.


This product has been added to your cart