- Alan Reilly says - As an Ashtead Village Ward Independent Councillor I have arranged for groups of volunteers to join me in gathering and bagging up much of the debris in the alleys of Ashtead. New volunteers are always very welcome and I also understand this work can help young people in acquiring a Duke of Edinburgh award and I am most interested in attracting young people to give some time to their community. Our group meets once a month on the first Saturday of the month for two hours only from 10am until 12pm. (January only on Saturday 8th January) We will meet at 10a.m. at the Alley where it crosses Skinners Lane en-route from Agates Lane to the A24. All I ask is for volunteers to register their interest by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01372 802489. We do not have insurance so ask people to not allow others to use any personnel powered equipment, but to bring personal tools and wear appropriate clothing, ideal tools are often found to be loppers, saws, secateurs, big green hands, brooms, rakes and shovels. Plastic bags are provided and piled and cleared by arrangement.. We also love to be advised of stretches of alley in need of attention, and work closely with Chris Townsend our own Ashtead Independent Surrey Councillor and also the Highways Department of SCC We do not work if it is raining heavily.
In February we will be working on the main alley into Leatherhead and will meet at the junction of Grove Road and Ottways Lane between the Ashtead Catholic Schools St Andrews and St Peters at 10a.m. on Saturday the 5th of February.
- Ashtead Choral Society will resume rehearsals at the APMH on Monday evenings 8pm - 10pm and online with Zoom for those unable to attend from September 6th. New members always welcome. For further details go to www.ashteadchoralsociety.org.uk. or contact Anne at email@example.com or telephone 01372 278852. We are on Facebook and Twitter.
- St George's Café.
Opening every weekday, 8.30am to 2.30pm. Check out our superb menu for morning and lunchtime. We’re buggy & wheelchair friendly! There’s free WiFi! And just taste the coffee! sgsgashtead.org.uk/our-café.
Lunchtime Jazz in the café is here to warm you up with a scrumptious meal in the café and perhaps a treat. Let Dolores and her friends entertain you with some smooth, traditional Jazz beats. sgsgashtead.org.uk/events.
- Ashtead Art Group meet every Monday evening between 7.30 - 9.45 (except during January and August) in the Ralli Room at APMH. Professional art demonstrations, workshops and painting evenings. www.ashteadartgroup.moonfruit.com.
- Following the end of coronavirus restrictions, The Bridge Club invite you to play bridge face-to-face at 7:30pm each Monday from 19th July at the Letherhead Institute KT22 8AH if you are fully vaccinated. To help them meet test and trace requirements, and so that they don’t exceed the capacity of the room, they ask you to book at least a day in advance by emailing Lyn Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning her on 01737 479886. Shirley Preuveneers (telephone 01372-372541, email email@example.com) may be able to help you to find a partner. Members are now also invited to play at Effingham on Fridays. Go to the website for full details.
- 2nd Monday of the month. Ashtead WI Next Generation (Ashtead WING) meet at the Baptist Church Hall. Meetings start at 8pm until 10pm. See Dates for the Dairy for details. Why not come and join us? With lockdown over, now is the time to renew your friendships and meet new like-minded people. We have a full programme of speakers and a variety of additional interest groups. New members and guests always welcome.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web Site https://www.ashteadwing.co.uk
- 3rd Monday of every month - The Probus Club of Ashtead & Leatherhead is the local club for retired or semi-retired professional and business men looking for a good lunch, interesting talks and congenial company. We also arrange ad hoc pub lunches, visits and informal walks and hold celebrity lunches once or twice a year where our guest speaker is a well-known personality. New members are always welcome. Upcoming and recent talks are listed on our website. For more information on membership and our activities, visit www.ashteadleatherheadprobus.o... or contact our Secretary, Steve Bridges, either at email@example.com or on 07516 021271
- Every Tuesday - Ashtead Running Group was formed in 2004 and has been exploring the paths and byways of Ashtead and the surrounding countryside ever since. The small and friendly group meets at the front Woodman Pub every Tuesday at 7.30, running at around 8-minute per mile pace.
- The Arts Society Ashtead meets every third Tuesday of the month (except August) in the Peace Memorial Hall. Expert and entertaining lecturers (10.30 -11.30 approx.) showcase the whole range of the fine, visual and performing arts. Guests welcome. Visit our website www.tas-ashtead.org.uk for more details on all our activities or contact our Membership Secretary, Pat Anderson on 01372 275605 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1st Tuesday of each month (except August) in The Ralli Room at the APMH the Ashtead Friendship Centre meets at 2 pm. The first return meeting after Covid restrictions were lifted will be on Tuesday 7th September 2021. New members very welcome. For details telephone or email Tweeny on 01737 355513 or email@example.com.
- Lions International, Leatherhead and District Lions Club meet on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month. The 2nd Tuesday is a business meeting and we are currently trying different venues with a view to making Lions more interesting/attractive to new members. The 4th Tuesday is a social meeting usually with a meal. Again we are trying different venues in order to create variety and interest. Contact Jim Malynn on 01372 274618 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information visit www.leatherheadlions.org.uk.
- On the last Tuesday of every month, the Police hold a surgery for local residents in Ashtead at St George's Centre, Barnett Wood Lane from 10am until 11am. Presently suspended due to Covid restrictions.
- On the 4th Tuesday of each month - Townswomen’s Guild meetings from 2pm until 4pm. New members will be made most welcome. Contact Di James 01372 273948 for details.
- 1st Wednesday of the month at the APMH - Ashtead Flower Arrangement Group. 1.50pm - 4.00pm. Visitors Welcome. Contact Di on 279501. More details.
- 1st Wednesday of the month, Ashtead WI meet 7.15 for 7.30pm in the Ashtead Peace Memorial Hall. New members welcome. Please visit our website www.ashteadwi.co.uk. or email: email@example.com.
- Ashtead Over 60's Lunch Club. - Thursdays weekly at the APMH except in August - Restarting on 9th September 2021. Call Brenda on 01372 813276 for a chat and further information.
- Thursday weekly at The Cock Inn, Headley - Rotary Club of Ashtea at 8pm. Contact Hilda Williams on 07789 920856 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- St Michael’s Ashtead, Soup Lunch, held on the first Friday of the month, unless a Bank Holiday. From 12 noon to 13.30 a selection of homemade soups, bread, desserts, tea/coffee are served, in the Church Hall, all for £5. All monies collected go to The Princess Alice Hospice, CAFOD and Besom. Start date and time: 5 November 2021 12.00 Finish date and time: 5 November 2021 13.30 Location: St Michael’s Church Hall, Ashtead. For further information: Smichaeloffice@gmail.com Website / social media page: Stmichaelashtead.org.uk
- 2nd Friday of each month - Ashtead Monthly Market, Ashtead Peace Memorial Hall, Woodfield Lane, KT21 2BE will be open on the following dates from 9am - 12.30pm Friday 11th March 2022; Friday 8th April 2022; Friday 10th June 2022; Friday 8th July 2022; Friday 9th September 2002; Friday 14th October 2022; **Friday 12th November (Christmas Special* 9am – 2pm)**; Friday 9th December 2021. Variety of stalls include gifts, jewellery, cards, cakes, preserves, health and beauty, books, wooden toys, bric-a-brac, haberdashery etc. Refreshments also available.
- Friday coffee mornings will re-commence in the Ralli room at APMH from Friday 3rd September from 10 -12 am. Good coffee and company are assured! All profit contributes to the upkeep and running of the Hall. Some of the dedicated helpers have retired after many years of providing this service so there is a need for some new volunteers to help on the 3rd and 4th Friday of each month in order to keep these coffee mornings continuing. Coffee is served from 10 - 12 am with helpers arriving from 9.00 to set up the service.
If anyone is able to help please contact Megan Adey on 07791 210662.
Do You Have An Event for Dates for the Diary?
If you have an Ashtead event you wish to publicise, please complete the form below. We cannot guarantee we can publicise all events or any last minute changes