Plans are moving ahead for a new Specialist Emergency Care Hospital in Sutton, and also for the redevelopment of the existing hospitals on the Epsom and St Helier sites.
The Specialist Emergency Care Hospital will be where the sickest patients in the area will be cared for. It brings together six major services, namely:
• Major emergency department for the most serious accidents and illnesses
• Acute medicine for patients with the most urgent medical need
• Emergency surgery for conditions like appendicitis
• Critical care for intensive monitoring, usually in an intensive care unit
• Paediatric care with specialist children’s doctors and inpatient beds
• Births, with the midwife-led unit and consultant-led unit for more complicated births.
More details can be found in the Consultation Brochure here